Howl Into The Mic!
This year we're excited to be hosting a dedicated open mic track for any and all comers. If you've got words to share, show up early, sign up for an open spot, and let your inner beast out to play:
- Sign up starts 30 minutes prior
- 10 dedicated slots available to first come, first serve
- All remaining signups go into a hat for random drawing
- Please respect the 3 minute limit for all readings
- We will host as many readers as time allows
- Each leg's open mic is a separate event and does not share readers or lists, but you are welcome to attend as many open mics as you want
Leg Two Beast Open Mic Hosted by Rivet Journal
Leg Three Queer Beast Open Mic Hosted by Richard Loranger
ALL ARE WELCOME to Queer Beast Open Mic, the third-leg open for Beast Crawl 5. Located at Club BNB, Oakland’s premier LGBT nightclub, this event is queer-focused and all-inclusive. Slots go fast so get there early to sign up. With a mini-feature by the splendiferous Julian Mithra, and hosted by the absolutely-only-and-thank-goddess-for-that Richard Loranger. Come one, come all!
Richard Loranger lives in Oakland. He has a new book of flash prose, Sudden Windows, and recent work in The HIV Here + Now Project. You can find more about his scandals at www.richardloranger.com.